Environment & Highways – 14th November 2019

Environment & Highways – 14th November 2019

The Environment & Highways Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 14th November 2019 and discussed:

  • Budget,
  • Trees & Ponds,
  • Playground,
  • Road repairs,
  • Allotments,
  • Fireworks,
  • Handymen &
  • Snow preparations.

Environment & Highways Report

Committee Meeting held on Thursday 14th November 2019 in Social Club meeting room

Committee members presentJohn Gil Ross, Phil Spencer, Harry Stone, David Short, Norma Smith, Jenny Church
In attendanceAndrew Savage – Responsible Finance Officer

Amendment to October minutes – Harry Stone was present at the meeting but not recorded.

1.

Budget for 2020

 Budget for next year was discussed and agreed. Andrew will send on a copy of this budget when it has been reviewed by the Finance Committee.

2.

Tree Charter

 Norma asked the committee if they agree to her completing the application form so that WB would become a member of the Charter for Trees, Woods and People.  Once completed the form would be agreed with PS.NS

3.

Village ponds

 Lexden Road pond – An environmental study of the pond and surrounds has been carried out. The near neighbours to the pond have been consulted regarding dredging.  It is hoped the dredging will be carried out before February.  PS will ask a farmer contact if the spoils could be placed on his land.  DS to ask his contact if the water can be placed in a bowser and used in the other ponds.

Hall Road pond and Queen’s Road pond will require de-weeding. Suggest contacting The Colchester Volunteers (TCV).

Laura to be asked if we have any progress with replacing railings at Queen’s Road Pond.

4.

Playground Equipment

 Money is being raised for new equipment.

The swings that need painting can be done by the handymen.

5.

Road repairs

 Road works appear to have been completed at Chitts Hill. There is still a large pothole at Chitts Hill that has been reported.

6.

Handymen report

 Winter jobs need organising. Salt is awaiting delivery which should take place before the end of November.

Burning beacon needs treating.

Snow clearing needs to be discussed and agreed by HS.

7.

Tree work

 Nigel will carry out his annual assessment of our trees. Several trees are known to be in need of attention.

8.

Allotments

 Norma reported that one area on the allotments needs re-fencing.

9.

Firework display

 Areas of grass around Poor’s Field gate were churned up due to wet weather and vehicle movement for the display.  PS suggested that perhaps an all-weather surface could be installed.  JGR will review the damage in due course.

Extra December meeting to be held on Thursday 12th December 2019 at 5.30pm

 

Quality Local Council Award
Archives
Categories