Following a successful concert there last year, Flatford hosts the Concert Band once again with a free concert for all near the Mill on Sunday 10th June. Starting at 2:30 pm, it will last around 2 hours.
Day Trip to Flatford?
Flatford is well worth a visit of itself so why not get there early and visit the sites of many of John Constable’s unique pictures such as the Hay Wain or Boatbuilding near Flatford Mill among many others. Wandering beside the River Stour or looking at Flatford Mill and Willy Lott’s House you can feel as if you are actually walking through one of his paintings. Flatford is a National Trust property and they offer the following information to help you enjoy your visit:
- Enjoy homemade food in our peaceful riverside tea-room.
- Local gifts and Constable souvenirs in our charming shop.
- Free entry.
- Parking, 200 yards from Bridge Cottage, pay on entry, £4 charge per car (free for members).
- Dogs on leads welcome.
- Second-hand bookshop.
The Band will be offering two performances, as always offering an eclectic mix of musical styles, as follows:
- Barnard Castle
- Young Person’ Guide to John Williams
- Big Band Bash
- The Dambusters
- Lerner & Loewe
- Mamma Mia
- Waltz No. 2 (from Suite for Variety Stage Orchestra)
- Dixie Patrol
- The Great Escape
- A Bit Of Broadway
- Over the Sea to Skye
- Living on a Prayer
- It Don’t Mean A Thing