Parliament have called a General Election for 12th December 2019. As ever, our polling station will be in the John Lampon Hall at Orpen Memorial Hall, Lexden Rod, CO6 3BW. It will be open from 7 am until 10 pm.
Polling cards are being sent out now although you do not need to use these to vote.
ONLY THOSE ON THE ELECTORAL REGISTER CAN VOTE!
To vote in the upcoming General Election you must be:
- 18 or over on or before December 12
- a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen
- resident at an address in the UK (or a British citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years).
lt takes less than 5 minutes to register to vote at: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
Apply for a Postal Vote to give yourself more time and ensure you don’t miss out on the day! You can still take it to the polling station if you want to. If you want to apply to vote either by post or in person, register before 5 pm on 26th November.
The candidates for our constituency are (in surname alphabetical order):
- BANKS, Peter – Green Party,
- BECKETT, Mile – Liberal Democrats – To Stop Brexit,
- BROWNING-SMITH, Richard – Independent,
- FRANCIS, Tony – Independent,
- JENKIN, Bernard – Consevative Party Candidate,
- RICE, Stephen – Labour Party.
The official list with full names, addresses, nominees etc is below: