Premises & Recreation – 4th February 2019

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 4th February when, among other items, they discussed MUGA, roofing & stage flooring, user group, action plan, hire costs, village fete & bookings.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Committee Meeting held on 4th February 2019 in John Lampon Hall

Committee members present:

Brian Butcher, Murray Harlow, Jenny Church

Also in attendance:

Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator) and member of the public

 

1

Apologies

Bob Tyrrell and Harry Stone

2

Minutes of the last meeting on 7th January 2019 were agreed.

3

Clerks and Administration’s Report

3.1MUGA – Tree roots will be cut in 2 – 3 weeks time by Environment.  MH made contact with previous contractor,  but they declined to quote.  BB will ask CS for contact for MH to get quotes.  MH will call Sportsafe to get a quote for the whole job. VBC said the accounts are healthy.BB/MH
3.2Hall Administrator’s Updates – ((Bounce)) VBC confirmed happy with the new user and storage of mini trampolines at the hall – all agreed.
3.3Roofing Project –  LW/BB/AS working on action plan (specification/meeting etc) LW to put the specification of the job on ‘Contract Finder’BB/LW
3.4Handyman Schedule – VBC said that there are five jobs on the schedule which are outstanding and they will be completed this month.  There was an additional job which had to be done which was to rehang one of the window curtains that was just left on the floor by Hall user.VBC
3.5Stage Flooring and Comic/tragedy mask – Stage Flooring – quote was discussed, BB will draft email to instruct the sanding. As to the “mask” this was agreed in principal – VBC to get clarification on sizes, position and period of having it up etc.BB/VBC

4

User Group Meeting

Further to the Minutes being sent out – the meeting went well.  VBC agreed to obtain two further quotes for a like for like basis as per the PC remit due to the total price for the potential new chairs.

5

Meeting with primary Hall Users

VBC and BB will be getting in contact with these users with a view to having a meeting before the end of March.BB/VBC

6

PC Action Plan Reveiw

This document was circulated and to be discussed at Premises meetings each month.  The only item which needed clarification was the positioning of a flagpole.  BB will ask LW for more details, sizing, type of pole so this can be discussed at the next meeting, to find the right location.BB/LW

7

Hire Costs 2019/2020

 Approved at Finance and Parish Council Meeting

8

Premises Licence – Sale of alcohol requests

 WB Film Club – Saturday 9th February 2019

9

Next month’s noteworthy hirings

 WB Film Club – 9th February and 21st February 2019

Cycle Revolution – 17th February 2019

Village Thank You – 24th February 2019 – 3-5 pm.

10

Village Fete Sub Committee

 BB advised he was voted as Chairman in his absence.  Unfortunately, the next meeting date of 11th March BB is unable to attend. VBC to contact LW to arrange the meeting for the week before if possible.VBC

11

Communication Officers Report

 MH said advert prices had been agreed and were approached for full page advertising.  Looking at advertising the use of the Hall, and also news on the fete.

12

Items to be discussed at next meeting

 No additional items were added
Meeting closed at 8.30 pm

Date of next meeting – 4th March 2019 – 7.30 pm John Lampon Hall

 

 

 

 

Quality Local Council Award
Archives
Categories